- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC’s Dirty Dancing remake has found its Johnny.
Singer-dancer-actor Colt Prattes will take on the role originally played by Patrick Swayze in the upcoming three-hour television adaptation of the hit 1987 romantic drama. Prattes joins the previously announced Abigail Breslin, who is starring as Baby.
Produced by Lionsgate Television in association with Allison Shearmur Productions, the filmed musical event will follow Johnny (Prattes), a charismatic dance instructor and leader of the working-class entertainment staff at an early 1960s Catskill Mountains resort, as he shows Baby (Breslin) the time of her life. Debra Messing also stars as Marjorie Houseman, Baby’s mom.
Prattes was in P!nk’s music video “Try,” and also performed with the singer at the 2014 Grammy Awards and American Music Awards. He is repped by BRS/Gage Talent Agency and Primary Wave Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day