- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Walt Disney Co. is giving Chadwick Boseman a primetime tribute Sunday.
The company will debut the Marvel Studios film Black Panther on its broadcast network ABC Sunday at 8 p.m. ET, in a special commercial-free airing. Following the movie, ABC News will air a special about Boseman called Chadwick Boseman – A Tribute for a King.
The ABC News special “will celebrate Boseman’s storied life, legacy and career, and the cultural imprint he made on- and off-screen… and shine a light on the medical condition he privately battled.” It will feature tributes from public figures, as well as Boseman’s co-stars and friends.
Black Panther will air from 8-10:20 p.m., with the ABC News special to air from 10:20-11 p.m.
Boseman passed away last week at age 43, following a four year battle with colon cancer.
Tonight, ABC will celebrate the legacy of Chadwick Boseman with a special presentation of Marvel Studios’ Black Panther followed by the ABC News Special: Chadwick Boseman – A Tribute for a King. It all starts tonight at 8/7c on ABC. pic.twitter.com/LjtN9bTwzx
— Disney (@Disney) August 30, 2020
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power