- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The network said Tuesday that Sunday’s planned episodes of Happy Endings and Apt. 23, intended to air at 10 and 10:30 p.m., respectively, will be replaced by an encore of Shark Tank.
Both shows have had modest showings in their regular Tuesday time slots. On Sundays, both slipped to series low and this past week didn’t even reach a 1.0 rating among adults 18-to-49. Both will continue to air on Tuesdays at 9 and 9:30 p.m. until the Dancing With the Stars results show moves into the hour later this season.
“We love those two shows,” ABC Network Groups president Paul Lee told reporters at the Television Critics Association winter press tour just last week. “They’re incredibly distinctive, and they’re water-cooler shows.”
Although Lee would not comment on the future prospects of either series, he did note that the Sunday specials were intended to give audiences more of a chance to see the series.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day