- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Comedy Central executive Kellyn Parker is headed to ABC Signature.
Parker will be vp comedy development at the Disney Television Studios unit. He’ll identify and develop talent and material for the recently renamed studio and help take ideas from pitch to series. He’ll report to senior vp comedy development Melanie Frankel.
“We have been huge admirers of Kellyn for a long time and Jonnie [Davis], Tracy [Underwood] and I know he’ll be a major asset to our studio,” said Frankel. “He has fantastic relationships, a keen eye for talent, and his track record speaks for itself. We’re incredibly lucky to have him on the team.”
Parker has been vp original programming and development at Comedy Central since 2016. He oversaw development and production for series based on the West Coast, including South Side, The New Negroes, Gorburger and the network’s Colossal Clusterfest event.
Prior to Comedy Central, he managed the partner content department at Funny or Die, executive producing more than 150 campaigns involving video, live events and marketing activations for the company. He began his career at UTA in the agent trainee program.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Flight Attendant