- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” (11 million viewers, 3.3 preliminary adults 18-49 rating) and “Desperate Housewives” (15.2 million, 5.2) were up about 6% each from their last original episodes on Dec. 6. “Housewives” played its plane crash-on-Wisteria Lane card, then “Brothers and Sisters” (10.9 million, 3.6) slipped a notch.
Collectively, the ABC programs gave the network its best Sunday among the adult demo and total viewers among nights when the network aired original programming.
NBC won the night with football, its ratings very temporary. Fox was second thanks to some football overrun that helped boost its animated lineup: “The Simpsons” (8.7 million, 4.0) was up 25%, “Cleveland” (7 million, 3.3) up 10%, “Family Guy” (8.1 million, 3.9) was up 3% and “American Dad” (5.9 million, 3.8) fell 10%. ABC was third, and CBS was fourth with repeats.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day