- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Comedian and actor Alec Mapa has joined the show, playing a longtime friend of the two leads. The untitled multicamera series from Modern Family veterans Christopher Lloyd and Vali Chandrasekaran centers on three men who were roommates in their 20s, until their warring egos drove them apart, and who reunite for one more shot at the lives they’ve always wanted.
Mapa will play Andre, who roomed with Channing (Baldwin) and London (Grammer) in the old days in New York. A gay man who’s highly empathetic, Andre often plays peacemaker between his two friends while also looking for the romantic and professional success that has thus far eluded him.
Mapa’s recent TV roles include recurring parts on the first season of HBO Max’s Doom Patrol and on Nickelodeon’s Henry Danger; other credits include Ugly Betty, Switched at Birth and UPN’s Half & Half. Showtime debuted his comedy Baby Daddy in 2015.
Lloyd and Chandrasekaran will executive produce the ABC comedy with Baldwin, Grammer, Jason Schrift, Matt DelPiano, Tom Russo, Adam Griffin and Jeff Morton.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day