- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Former American Idol Season 3 runner-up Diana DeGarmo and Season 5 finalist Ace Young have teamed up to write and produce a song that DeGarmo’s character, Angelina Veneziano, on will perform on CBS’ daytime drama The Young and the Restless.
Young, who’s DeGarmo’s real life beau, was approached by Y&R to colloborate on the original country track, “Good Goodbye.” The Idol alum said he was humbled by the request from the show’s award-winning composer David Kurtz. “We’re actually very privileged… We thought what better way to show Diana’s true talent and her writing talent as well.”
In approaching the song, DeGarmo and Young they wanted the lyrics to reflect the transformation her character Angelina has had on the show.
Says DeGarmo: “[Angelina] is from Jersey. You can’t just throw her in the south and expect her to sound like Dolly Parton. The great thing is we’ve been able to gradually transform this character, and it’s going to be a great, huge, poignant moment for her and I think everyone is going to be really surprised.”
The song will debut on Friday, March 23.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day