- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Instead of plugging his upcoming Saturday Night Live hosting stint with clips shot at 30 Rock, Adam Driver grabs a bite in a diner with the show’s Kate McKinnon for this week’s promo — not because he’s the new guy who can’t be trusted, but just for a fun change of pace.
McKinnon is into it. “I’m gonna order the super sexy host with extra talent and a side of dark mysterious eyes — what about you?” she asks Driver, who responds, “I’m gonna have the Cobb salad.”
And when she eats his fries, the Star Wars: The Force Awakens star triggers his lightsaber under the table. “Chill, brother,” says McKinnon, as she starts up one of her own. Plus, an intense meltdown by the Girls actor is no match for the SNL staffer, either.
Driver will be joined by first-time musical guest and Grammy nominee Chris Stapleton for the Jan. 16 gig.
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day