- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Happy Endings alum will exit the third-year Fox comedy, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Pally has the option of guest starring when and if his schedule permits.
As first reported by TV Line, Pally will depart the series in early 2015. His contract was set to expire with episode 13. Fox recently picked up an additional six episodes of the Mindy Kaling vehicle, bringing its total count to 21.
Pally, one of the most in-demand actors last pilot season, joined the series as a recurring player in season two and was upped to a regular after ABC’s Happy Endings was canceled.
The actor recently inked an overall deal with ABC Studios to produce projects for broadcast, comedy and streaming services. Last season, he developed a comedy for NBC, though he was never attached to star in the project from partners Dan Gregor and Doug Mand.
This marks the latest casting shake-up on critical darling The Mindy Project. Beth Grant was promoted to regular when the series underwent a midseason shuffle in its freshman run. Amanda Setton (Shauna) and Anna Camp were both downgraded to recurring and eventually exited the series. Original co-stars Zoe Jarman and Stephen Tobolowsky also departed the series.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day