- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC and Marvel are changing course on their former Agents of SHIELD spinoff.
The network has handed out a pilot order to a Marvel drama starring Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse (aka Mockingbird) and Nick Blood (Lance Hunter), The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Titled Marvel’s Most Wanted, the drama was rumored to be in early development last pilot season and was originally conceived as an Agents of SHIELD spinoff featuring both characters. However, Marvel and ABC have instead picked up a pilot for what’s being described as a new take that focuses on the same duo and their continuing adventures.
Sources tell THR that it’s too soon to determine how — or if — the potential new series would be launched as a backdoor pilot in the upcoming third season of Marvel’s first ABC scripted drama.
Marvel’s Most Wanted hails from the same producers as last year’s similarly conceived spinoff. SHIELD executive producer Jeffrey Bell (Angel, The X-Files) and series writer Paul Zbyszewski (Lost), with Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb also attached as an EP.
For ABC, Marvel has remained a priority at the network with both SHIELD and midseason bridge series Agent Carter scoring renewals. The companies are also teaming for a top-secret project from American Crime mastermind John Ridley.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day