- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On the heels of last week’s order of The Jellies (from Tyler, the Creator), Adult Swim has handed out two more commissions — one for a special from comedian Jena Friedman and another for a new series from Derrick Beckles and Eric Andre.
For Friedman, a comic and filmmaker with a colorful resume, it marks her first special on traditional TV. Her previous solo outing , American C—, aired on Seeso. An Adult Swim release noted that the untitled half-hour special will probe culture in politics in America today from Friedman’s “unapologetically feminist point of view.” It’s an interesting turn for Adult Swim, which typically dabbles in series and scripted specials. Comedy specials have become a hot commodity of late, especially with Netflix continuing its spending spree in the space.
Friedman, who recently appeared on The Late Show With Stephen Colbert, has worked as a correspondent for National Geographic Explorer and Vice, served as a field producer for The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and wrote for the Late Show with David Letterman.
As for the new series, Mostly 4 Millennials is a quarter-hour comedy that’s, well, likely what the title reads. It is described as a probing look at an “incredibly important generation of humans.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day