- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Adult Swim is staying in touch with Three Busy Debras.
The cabler has renewed the Amy Poehler-produced comedy for a second season. The pickup comes two weeks after the conclusion of the six-episode first season, which drew a decent-sized audience for the late night programming block.
Created by Sandy Honig (Isn’t It Romantic), Mitra Jouhari (Friends From College, High Maintenance) and Alyssa Stonoha, who also play the three title characters, the series follows the “surreal day-to-day lives of three deranged housewives, all named Debra, in their affluent suburban town of Lemoncurd, Connecticut.”
The show, which aired on Sundays in the spring, averaged about 543,000 viewers for initial airings this season, a reasonable on-air number for Adult Swim.
Honig, Jouhari and Stonoha first conceived Three Busy Debras as a play then turned it into a web series. Adult Swim ordered a pilot for the show in 2018 and picked it up to series last year.
Poehler executive produces the show via her Paper Kite Productions. Honig, Jouhari, Stonoha, director Anna Dokoza and Paper Kite’s Kim Lessing also exec produce.
Paper Kite also produces Netflix’s Russian Doll (which Poehler co-created) and NBC’s unscripted series Making It, which has been renewed for a third season.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day