- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A&E’s Bates Motel has given Norman Bates an older brother.
Kit Kittredge: An American Girl alum Max Thieriot has joined the network’s Psycho prequel playing the older brother to the budding psychopath, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
From Lost‘s Carlton Cuse and Friday Night Lights‘ Kerry Ehrin, Bates Motel will explore Norman’s relationship with his mother, Norma and offer a look at his backstory that helped forge the infamous serial killer.
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory‘s Freddie Highmore will play the young Norman, while Academy Award nominee Vera Farmiga will play his mother, Norma. Thieriot will play Dylan, Norma’s oldest son and the big brother to Norman who is described as a petulant and rebellious James Dean-type.
Thieriot, repped by Gersh, Viewpoint and McKuin Frankel, most recently starred in ABC’s untitled Roland Emmerich drama as an astrophysics grad student who learns he’s the chosen one to destroy the forces of evil. ABC passed on the project in May.
Bates Motel, which bypassed the traditional pilot stage and was ordered straight to series, will premiere next year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day