- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Affair will live on.
As part of Showtime’s Television Critics Association winter press tour presentation, the network announced it had ordered a fourth season of the drama. The news comes three weeks before the show’s third season finale.
Famous for its he-said, she-said narrative device, the series stars Ruth Wilson, Dominic West, Joshua Jackson and Maura Tierney. The drama delivered ratings, as well as awards cache, right out of the gate, earning a Golden Globe best drama statue in its premiere season.
More recently, the series from Sarah Treem has faced backlash from key critics and is no longer an awards frontrunner. First-run telecasts garner just over 1 million viewers in their first three days of viewing.
The Affair joins series including Billions, Homeland and Ray Donovan, as well as upcoming entries I’m Dying Up Here and Twin Peaks, on Showtime’s schedule.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day