- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The duo, who also showrun ABC’s sophomore drama Resurrection, have inked a pod deal with the studio behind both dramas, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Under the two-year pact, the longtime friends and colleagues will hire a development executive for their Fazekas and Butters shingle and develop half-hour and hourlong projects.
Fazekas and Butters previously created The CW’s Reaper and spent five seasons as writers and producers on NBC’s long-running procedural Law & Order: SVU, during which time they earned two WGA nominations.
The duo are among a rare group of female showrunners juggling multiple series including Shonda Rhimes and Betsy Beers (Scandal, Grey’s Anatomy, How to Get Away With Murder) and Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals).
Read more Married to the Frenemy: Marvel vs. DC
Their credits include CBS’ Hawaii Five-0, Fox’s Terra Nova and Joss Whedon’s Dollhouse. They’ve developed projects for The CW, CBS and Fox.
Fazekas and Butters are repped by ICM Partners and Michael Gendler of Gendler & Kelly.
The duo join a roster of producers at ABC Studios including Rhimes and Beers’ Shondaland; Once Upon a Time‘s Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz; as well as American Crime‘s John Ridley, among others.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day