- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Agents of Shield actress Chloe Bennet says she’s tested positive for COVID-19.
Bennet revealed the news on Instagram Stories on New Year’s Eve, saying she woke up on Christmas morning with a “high fever, and unable to breathe.” In addition, “multiple members” of her family also have tested positive.
“It’s been a rough week to say the least,” she wrote, adding that she and her family have been “battling it out together. We’re still not in the clear, but as of now we’re doing…okay.”
Bennet — who played Daisy Johnson in ABC/Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, which ended its seven-season run last year — said she decided to share her diagnosis as a warning to others who are not taking the threat of COVID-19 seriously.
“Covid sucks. It just really sucks,” she wrote. “I pride myself on staying healthy, I always wore a mask, social distanced and took all the necessary precautions and still got VERY sick. And I’m one of the lucky ones. I repeat! I’m young healthy and diligent about my health and this virus knocked me the fuck down and continues to do so. Even trying to just write this out is proving to be … exhausting. If it can happen to me, it can happen to you.”
She also reminded others to wear a mask and practice social distancing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day