- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Agents of SHIELD will be digging deeper into Marvel’s Inhumans mythology.
The ABC show has cast Luke Mitchell as Lincoln, who is described as a charismatic Inhuman who will help Skye (Chloe Bennet) understand the true extent of her Inhuman heritage.
Marvel.com announced the casting news.
The Inhumans were created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in the pages of The Fantastic Four. They are a group of genetically enhanced beings created by the Kree alien race — with their powers including increased strength, speed and endurance.
Mitchell’s credits include The CW’s Tomorrow People, and he was recently set to co-star in ABC’s Members Only, a straight-to-series drama that was canceled before its premiere. His introduction as an Inhuman on Agents of Shield follows the show’s big midseason finale in December, in which Skye was revealed to be an Inhuman.
Co-showrunners Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen confirmed the show would explore the Inhuman mythology, with Agents of SHIELD laying the groundwork for an Inhumans movie Marvel has dated for 2018.
Agents of SHIELD has been on hiatus, with the Hayley Atwell starrer Agent Carter taking its time slot during the winter break. Agents of SHIELD returns on Tuesday, March 2, at 9 p.m.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Producers Guild of America