- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC’s Agents of SHIELD is adding a new foe for Coulson.
Brian Patrick Wade (Teen Wolf) has been cast as super-villain Carl “Crusher” Creel, aka the Absorbing Man, Marvel announced Thursday.
The character created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby first debuted during the Silver Age and has appeared in various Marvel comics for more than four decades. The character will debut in the season two premiere, set for Sept. 23 at 9 p.m. on ABC.
Per Marvel, Creel has the ability to absorb the properties of anything he touches and will serve as a foil for Coulson and company.
Wade joins a rapidly growing roster of season two guest stars. He joins Friday Night Lights alum Adrianne Palicki as comics favorite Mockingbird; Kyle MacLachlan as Skye’s (Chloe Bennet) father; Lucy Lawless as SHIELD veteran Isabelle Hartly; Reed Diamond as Hydra villain Daniel Whitehall (aka Kraken); Nick Blood as a mercenary Coulson reaches out to for help; Henry Simmons as agent Alphonso “Mac” Mackenzie; and Simon Kassianides as Bakshi.
Wade’s credits include episodes of The Mentalist, Hello Ladies and Arrested Development. He’s repped by Pakula/King & Associates, Authentic Talent and Hirsch Wallerstein.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day