- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ray Stevenson is going from sailing the oceans to sailing the spaceways.
The series centers on fan-favorite character Ahsoka Tano, a Jedi Knight survivor popular on the animation side of Star Wars who made her live-action debut in the second season of The Mandalorian and appeared in an episode of The Book of Boba Fett.
Plot details are being kept secret, but the setup has consisted of Tano journeying from one end of the galaxy to another in search of Grand Admiral Thrawn, a former commander in the Empire.
Rosario Dawson is starring as the titular character and the cast also includes Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Ukrainian actress Ivanna Sakhno and Australian thespian Natasha Liu Bordizzo. Hayden Christensen is reprising his role as Anakin Skywalker.
It is unclear who Stevenson will play, but sources say he is a villain in the series and will play an admiral … although, not Thrawn.
Ahsoka is due to begin shooting in Los Angeles at the end of April.
The move marks a return to the galaxy far, far away for Stevenson, as he voiced a character named Gar Saxon in Star Wars Rebels and The Clone Wars. The actor is known for playing Volstagg in Marvel’s Thor movies and played Blackbeard in Starz’ Black Sails pirate series.
He is repped by Gersh and Independent Talent Group.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day