- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actress-comedian will serve as a co-host alongside Julie Chen, show co-creator Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne and Sheryl Underwood, starting Monday.
Tyler becomes the second new co-host on the show, following Underwood, who joined the talker for its second season, which premiered Sept. 6. Her casting came on the heels of the recent departures of Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete. Original co-host Marissa Jaret Winokur also exited early this year.
Meanwhile, Osbourne announced in July that she’d be taking a break from The Talk to spend more time with her husband, Ozzy Osbourne, who will be wrapping up an 18-month-long tour.
Tyler, who currently voices a role in FX’s animated series Archer, is no stranger to hosting. She has served as guest host on The Talk, CBS’ Late Late Show and E!’s Talk Soup and shot a talk show pilot for ABC two years ago.
She also recently wrapped shooting the Canadian action-thriller series XIII opposite Stuart Townsend, which will debut later this year. Her other credits include roles on Ghost Whisperer, CSI, 24 and Friends.
Tyler also released a book, Swerve: Reckless Observations of a Post-Modern Girl, in 2004 and starred in her own Comedy Central special, Aisha Tyler Is Lit: Live at the Fillmore, in 2009.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day