- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The news-focused cable network, which the former vice president co-founded in 2005, said Wednesday that Gore will take lead during the upcoming coverage of the Democratic and Republican national conventions.
Current TV personalities Jennifer Granholm (the former Michigan governor), Eliot Spitzer (the former New York governor and Keith Olbermann replacement) and Young Turks host Cenk Uygur will join Gore during a nightly roundtable.
“I’m pleased to be participating in Current TV’s impressive lineup throughout the Republican and Democratic national conventions,” said Gore. “Cenk, Jennifer and Eliot provide the keen insight and spot-on analysis our viewers have come to expect, combined with decades of experience in public service and a deep understanding of politics. I have no doubt that our coverage will be innovative and informative, and I look forward to working with them.”
Live coverage will originate from the network’s New York headquarters, with four-hour blocks scheduled for 7-11 p.m. ET for each of the conventions. (The RNC runs Aug. 27-30 in Tampa Bay, Fla., and the DNC takes place Sept. 4-6 in Charlotte, N.C.
California Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom, who hosts a weekly late-night show on Current, will join the panel during the RNC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day