- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Al Roker is nothing if not honest.
The Today show meteorologist and Weather Channel host appeared on Dateline on Sunday night to promote his new memoir, Never Going Back. A good portion of the book focuses on his massive, 140-pound weight loss, which was aided by gastric bypass surgery in March 2002 and became the topic of discussion on the NBC news show.
It was a month after the surgery — which restructures one’s digestive system — that Roker was attending an event at George W. Bush‘s White House. As he told Dateline, a misunderstanding with his own body caused a bit of a … stink.
“I probably went off and ate something I wasn’t supposed to,” Roker calmly explained. “And as I’m walking to the press room, [I’m thinking] well, I gotta pass a little gas here. I’m walking by myself. Who’s gonna know? Only a little something extra came out. I pooped my pants.”
At that point, Roker threw out his underwear, “going commando” the rest of the day. Presumably, he kept the incident secret — until now.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Last Week Tonight With John Oliver
The Flight Attendant