- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
For the first time in 39 years, the weather has gone unreported, due to a dormant Al Roker.
The longtime NBC Today show fixture wasn’t stumped by a cold front or stuck in a freak blizzard; he simply overslept.
The weatherman on Tuesday missed his early-morning call for The Weather Channel’s Wake Up With Al, on which he had been working alongside co-host Stephanie Abrams since the show’s July 20 debut. The hour-long show airs at 6 am ET, but did so today without America’s favorite weatherman.
Roker unabashedly tweeted the news of his mistake at 5:41 am ET:
— Al Roker (@alroker) August 6, 2013
He did indeed make it to the ‘Today’ set and was subjected to some playful jabbing from his NBC colleagues Savannah Guthrie, Matt Lauer and Natalie Morales:
Rip van Roker. pic.twitter.com/HLRDZjonTH
— Matt Lauer (@MLauer) August 6, 2013
— TODAY (@todayshow) August 6, 2013
So add an alarm clock to the legendary weatherman’s Christmas list, right next to some Pepto-Bismol.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day