- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After Baldwin was kicked off an American Airlines flight last week for refusing to power down his cell phone while playing Words With Friends, the actor issued a sarcastic apology to the airline via an article published in the Huffington Post.
So as a response, the captain of the flight—who suspiciously looks a lot like the 30 Rock actor—showed up on Weekend Update with Seth Meyers.
With a thick southern drawl, American Airlines’ “Captain Steve Rogers” issued an apology to the actor, who he calls “an American treasure.”
“I am ashamed at the way he was treated,” the “pilot” said. “I mean, what harm would it do to let him keep playing his game? Not just any game mind you, but a word game for smart people.”
Meyers continued to whisper to Baldwin throughout the apology, “Alec, are you sure this is the right way to handle this?” To which Baldwin would break from character and say, “Yeah, keep going.”
“Okay Alex, this is too much, I don’t want to be a part of this anymore,” Meyers said, interrupting Captain Rogers as he empathized with Baldwin for slamming the bathroom door of the airplane lavatory.
“Seth I’m not Alec,” Captain Rogers responded. “But I wish I was—that man’s a hero! A smart hero!”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day