- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Alec Baldwin is slightly concerned that his Emmy-winning portrayal of President Donald Trump on Saturday Night Live might be “too cuddly.”
“In terms of Trump, do you think we’re making him kind of too cuddly and too funny and we’re taking people’s mind off something really more serious?” he asks. Sanders replies that he thinks “what we have to focus on [with] Trump, is what he is doing” as opposed to the “absurd” things he says.
Earlier in the podcast Sanders also shared his thoughts on Larry David’s SNL portrayal of himself. “He did it better than me,” he joked.
In September, Baldwin won the Emmy for best supporting actor in a comedy series for his role as Trump. He reprised his character for the cold open on Saturday night’s premiere of season 43 of the show as well, and has said he plans to continue appearing as the president as his schedule allows.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
saturday night live