- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Alec Baldwin, ever the Twitter enthusiast, has a new idea for a trending topic: #secession.
The 30 Rock star appeared on Late Show last night and discussed with host David Letterman the slowly-growing online petition movement run by southern citizens hoping to secede from the union now that President Obama has been re-elected. He was not very impressed with their numbers.
“They say that it’s 750,000 people out of 300 million people,” Baldwin noted, “gosh darn it, that’s one quarter of one percent of the people of this country want to secede. It’s trending. Hashtag secession. It’s all over Twitter.”
But hey, Baldwin isn’t totally against the idea, adding, “It’s so strange because I had many of those states on a list of states I would like to secede from the United States.”
And if it’ll help, he even has a few names for them: The United Flakes of America, or maybe The United States of Caucasia.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
the legend of vox machina