- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Alec Baldwin is expanding his relationship with ABC.
The Disney-owned network is teaming with the Emmy-winning actor for a talk show. The project, which is in development, is based on Baldwin’s WNYC radio show/podcast Here’s the Thing With Alec Baldwin.
Sources stress Baldwin’s deal is not completely done — it has been in the works for weeks — and additional details remain scarce. Production is slated to begin next week. ABC declined comment.
The talk show would expand Baldwin’s relationship with the network, where he currently hosts unscripted hit Match Game. Baldwin currently has a first-look deal with ABC Studios, for whom he will develop scripted and unscripted projects. He moved from his longtime home at Universal Television to ABC in August.
Baldwin is fresh off an Emmy win for his portrayal of President Donald Trump on NBC’s Saturday Night Live, where he continues to pop in from time to time. The actor is repped by CAA.
It’s unclear when a Baldwin talk show would air. ABC is already home to late-night hit Jimmy Kimmel Live, while its daytime lineup includes The View and The Chew, with Good Morning America anchoring mornings on the network.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Warner Bros. Discovery