- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Alex Trebek is on the mend.
The Jeopardy! host, who suffered what’s been described as a mild heart attack on Saturday, is awaiting the green light from doctors to leave Los Angeles’ Cedars-Sinai Heart Institute.
Sony Pictures Television released an update on the 71-year-old TV veteran Monday afternoon, saying their host was “up and about and in good spirits while doctors complete their testing.” Trebek has also been moved to a regular room and is awaiting the doctors’ go-ahead to continue his recovery at home.
Trebek, who’s previously suffered a heart attack in December 2007, is still expected to return to his job of the last 28 years when it goes back into production on the new season in July.
Just last summer the spry host was briefly sidelined after snapping his Achilles tendon while chasing a burglar out of his San Francisco hotel room.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
RuPaul's Drag Race
The Umbrella Academy