- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Alex Trebek, the man with one of the sweetest deals in TV, is not throwing in the towel just yet.
Despite hints in recent years that he was ready to retire, the 74-year-old Jeopardy! host just signed on to stay through at least the 2017-18 season — as have Wheel of Fortune‘s Pat Sajak and Vanna White.
“The enduring success of Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! serves as a testament to the talents of these remarkable hosts,” said Harry Friedman, executive producer of both Sony Pictures Television series. “The renewal of their contracts continues the special bond that Pat, Vanna and Alex have formed with generations of TV viewers.”
Trebek, who films episodes of Jeopardy! in bulk, as most game show hosts do, was making a reported $10 million a year from his last contract. The syndicated game show brings in 10.7 million daily viewers. Wheel of Fortune does even better with 11.4 million.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day