- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A&E’s The Returned redo has booked a supporting player.
Alias alum Carl Lumbly is joining the ensemble cast of the 10-episode suspense series in a recurring capacity, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Based on the French series by Fabrice Gobert, The Returned focuses on a small town that is turned upside down when several local people, who have long been presumed dead, suddenly reappear, bringing them into positive and detrimental consequences.
Lumbly will play Pastor Leon Wright, a kindly, perceptive man, the minister of a local church. Radiating compassion, he tries to guide Rowan (Mary Elizabeth Winstead) through difficult times.
Mark Pellegrino, Jeremy Sisto, Kevin Alejandro, Agnes Bruckner, Sophie Lowe, Sandrine Holt, Michelle Forbes, Tandi Wright, India Ennenga and Mat Vairo also star in the A+E Studios/FremantleMedia North America production. Carlton Cuse and Raelle Tucker executive produce.
Lumbly is repped by Kass Management. He is best known for portraying Agent Dixon in the J.J. Abrams spy drama Alias and recurred on Southland, also starring off-Broadway in last year’s stop.reset and in the West Coast production of The Motherf—er With the Hat.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day