- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jimmy Kimmel had Academy Award-nominee Alicia Vikander on his show on Tuesday, and The Danish Girl actress provided a useful service for Oscar presenters, explaining how to correctly pronounce her name.
“At the Oscars, if like, John Travolta has to introduce your category, God help him, it’s gonna be a disaster,” joked Kimmel. The late-night host said that a bonus to Vikander’s Oscar nomination is people are getting more accustomed to saying her name.
Vikander said then she’s going to try to get people to pronounce the “Swedish version” of her name. “What is the Swedish version of your name?” Kimmel asked.
When the actress sounded it out, Kimmel tried to mimic her and said, “Forget that.”
Vikander also talked about waking up in the middle of the night to watch the Oscars with her friends and talk about the dresses. Watch below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Fien Print
The Last of Us
Tyler James Williams