- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A new take on Alien and a Rolling Stones bio-series are in the works at FX.
FX CEO John Landgraf used the platform of Disney’s Investor Day on Thursday to announce the development of two high-profile new TV series for his cable network.
Fargo and Legion creator Noah Hawley is working alongside Ridley Scott to bring the first-ever Alien series to the Disney-owned cabler. Landgraf revealed that the series is set on Earth and described it as a “scary thrill ride.” Additional details were not immediately available.
Additionally, FX is in advanced talks for a scripted drama series that explores the formation of the iconic rock band The Rolling Stones. Landgraf noted the series would take place from the band’s formation in the early 1960s through 1972. Nick Hornby (High Fidelity, About a Boy) is overseeing the series, which Landgraf noted would be for a two-season order. The series hails from The Crown producers Left Bank.
More to come.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day