- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Vincent Irizarry, who played Dr. David Hayward from 1997 until All My Children‘s end in 2011, announced his plans on Facebook.
“Happy to share that I just signed on with Prospect Park for the All My Children reboot,” the actor wrote Friday. “Excited to bring dastardly Dr. David back to life, as he did for so many others, and to see my dear friends in Pine Valley once again. A great, big thank you to all the fans for your tenacity in keeping the hope alive. You’re awesome!!! Let’s all keep our fingers crossed together that it becomes a reality.”
As far as becoming a reality goes, producers at Prospect Park (which secured the rights to both series in 2011) have reached deals with SAG-AFTRA, the DGA and the WGA to resume production on both series as soon as January.
If the stars continue to align and more cast members sign on to reprise their roles, All My Children and One Life to Live could be airing online next year — as was originally planned in 2011.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day