- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
According to Hannigan’s petition, New Hampshire resident John Hobbs, 43, has over the course of the past two months posted “a barrage of threatening messages directed at me and my family on various websites.” Hannigan wrote that Hobbs suggested he would rape her and take her to “the after-life.”
Hobbs recently was released from a mental hospital, the Associated Press reports. He reportedly has been contacted by police in his hometown of Nashua, N.H., where Hobbs acknowledged wanting to meet the 38-year-old actress.
The officer at the scene wrote that Hobbs “seemed to be living in an alternate reality.” Hannigan wrote in the petition that she was “in severe fear for my safety and the safety of my family.”
On March 6, a judge will decide whether the restraining order should be extended for three years. The current order also covers Hannigan’s husband, Alexis Denisof, and their children, ages 1 and 3.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day