- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Damien Chazelle’s The Eddy is building an impressive cast.
The Eddy is an eight-episode musical drama that is set in contemporary multicultural Paris and revolves around a club, its owner, the house band and the chaotic city that surrounds them. Stenberg will play Julie, the teenage daughter of Elliot (Holland, Moonlight), who shows up suddenly in Paris and forces him to face his past. The Eddy will be her TV series regular debut after multiple episodes of shows including Sleepy Hollow.
The series will be directed by Chazelle, Houda Benyamina, Emmy winner Alan Poul and Jack Thorne, who will write several episodes. Grammy winner Glen Ballard (Alanis Morissette’s “Jagged Little Pill”) wrote all of the band’s songs. Chazelle, Poul, Thorne, Ballard, Jimmy Desmarais and Olivier Bibas will exec produce. Holland will be credited as a co-EP.
The drama will begin production in the spring in France and feature dialogue in French, English and Arabic. The series is produced by Endeavor Content and will premiere in 2020.
Stenberg, repped by UTA and attorneys Nina Shaw and Gordon Bobb, counts Where Hands Touch, The Darkest Minds, Everything Everything, As You Are and The Hunger Games among her credits.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day