- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s just about time for the start of another Amazing Race.
Season 23 of the CBS reality competition premieres at 8 p.m. Sunday, and The Hollywood Reporter has the first look at the opening credits, featuring all 11 teams competing for the $1 million prize. From the looks of things, their adventures are not only dangerous and risky, but also downright goofy.
Among the teams are former NFL teammates, married ER doctors, theater performers, childhood friends, baseball wives and NHL ice crew girls. They will travel through four continents and nine countries, spanning more than 35,000 miles. Challenges will call for them to paraglide over Iquique, Chile, subject themselves to a freezing-water plunge in Norway and take part in Formula One racing in Abu Dhabi.
This season also will bring back the “double express pass” twist, introduced last season, in which the first team to check in at the first pit stop will earn two “express passes” — one to keep for themselves and one they must hand over to another team by the end of the fifth leg of the race.
Watch the opening credits above.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day