- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“It’s made of something that is designed to make you irritated,” he joked of his iconic costume during a Tuesday appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. “I don’t know what the material name is, but that’s the description underneath.”
Asked whether he could fit any undergarments beneath the skin-tight getup, Garfield shook his head no. “It’s just me,” he added.
“Did you feel naked?” Degeneres continued, to which Garfield replied: “Yeah. It’s the worst.”
The actor bulked up for his role as the heroic web slinger, working out “like a literal crazy person” in preparation for shooting.
“It was a life change,” he said. “I get frustrated with those Men’s Health magazines. It’s like, ‘In five minutes you’ll be as fit a as fiddle if you just follow those three simple steps and only eat cucumbers.’ This was hard work. I wouldn’t be able to do it without someone.”
Watch video of the appearance below, in which the show’s host presents Garfield with a gift to help him go incognito in public.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day