- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amazon Prime has commissioned a new German-language series, Beat, set in the Berlin club scene.
Based on an original idea by director Marco Kreuzpaintner, the series focuses on a murder among the clubbing subculture in the German capital.
Beat will be the first TV series from Kreuzpaintner, whose credits including 2004’s coming-out drama Sommersturm and 2007’s Trade, starring Kevin Klein. The cast includes a who’s who of young German acting talent, among them Jannis Niewohner, Karoline Herfurth, Kostja Ullmann Hanno Koffler, Nina Gummich and Alexander Fehling.
Niewohner stars as Robert Schlag, nicknamed Beat, a Berlin club promoter who lives for the excesses of sex, drugs and the city nightlife. His connections to the underworld lead the police to use Beat to try and infiltrate a notorious organ smuggling ring.
Hellinger/Doll is producing the seven-part series, together with Warner Bros. Film Productions and Pantaleon Films, producers on Amazon’s first German-language series, You Are Wanted.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day