- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amazon Studios is continuing to pad out its original content.
The streamer is set to develop a limited bio series about the legendary rock band The Grateful Dead. The news comes on the heels of the announcement that Margaret Cho will star in the platform’s upcoming pot comedy.
Based on the 2003 book Home Before Daylight: My Life On the Road With the Grateful Dead, penned by roadie Steve Parish, the project has yet to find a writer. Meetings will be taking place over the next several weeks in search of one.
Bob Weir — singer, songwriter, guitarist and founding member of The Grateful Dead — will executive produce along with Parish, and Weir will oversee all aspects of music for the series. Bernie Cahill and ROAR also will serve as executive producers on the project, with Stephen Emery serving as co-executive producer.
Parish is represented by UTA and Ryan Nord (Hirsch, Wallerstein, Hayum, Matlof, & Fishman); Weir is with UTA and Jacqueline Sabec (King, Holmes, Paterno & Berliner, LLP).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day