- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Annapurna is continuing its push into television.
The production company is developing a new animated comedy for Amazon Studios called Amberville. Created by Chris McCoy and Sausage Party‘s Conrad Vernon, the show is based on Tim Davys’ Mollisan Town book series.
Amberville is a darkly comedic animated crime show set in a city populated by living, breathing stuffed animals. The story follows a reformed Teddy Bear who is pulled back in to the criminal underworld when his former boss enlists him for an impossible new job.
McCoy wrote the pilot with a story by McCoy and Vernon. Vernon is also attached to direct the pilot. Annapurna’s Megan Ellison, Sue Naegle and David Distenfeld will serve as executive producers on the project alongside McCoy and Vernon.
The deal marks a further expansion into scripted television programming by the production company behind Sausage Party and American Hustle. Other TV projects in the works at Annapurna include a limited series starring Julia Roberts based on Maria Semple’s book Today Will Be Different and a Coen Brothers Western anthology called The Ballad of Buster Scruggs.
Vernon is represented by UTA and Mosaic. McCoy is repped by Gotham Group and UTA. Davys is with Einstein Literary Management and UTA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Friends: The Reunion