- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The 10-parter, written and created by Rowan Joffe (28 Weeks Later), was produced by Endemol Shine-owned banner Kudos (Broadchurch, Humans) for the U.K.’s Sky Atlantic.
Part drama, part thriller and part dark comedy, Tin Star tells the story of Jim Worth (Roth), a former British detective now small town police chief who brings his family to the tiny and tranquil town of Little Big Bear for a better life. The cast also includes Genevieve O’Reilly (Star Wars, The Honourable Woman), Abigail Lawrie (The Casual Vacancy), Oliver Coopersmith (Dickensian), Christopher Heyerdahl (True Blood), Stephen Walters (Outlander), Ian Puleston-Davies (Marcella), Roark Critchlow (Pretty Little Liars) Sarah Podemski (Cashing In), Ryan Kennedy (Major Crimes) and Kevin Hanchard (Orphan Black).
The show was commissioned for Sky by head of drama Anne Mensah, commissioning editor Cameron Roach and director of Sky Atlantic Zai Bennett. It is executive produced by Alison Jackson (Hunted) and Kudos CEO Diederick Santer (Grantchester) and produced by Jonathan Curling (The Secret) for Kudos.
Tin Star is jointly distributed by Endemol Shine International and Sky Vision and will air on Sky Atlantic in the U.K. later in 2017.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day