- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amazon has tapped one of the world’s biggest soccer clubs for a new documentary series.
Announced Thursday, the Amazon Prime original show will follow Manchester City — currently riding high at the top of England’s Premier League — through the 2017-2018 season, offering fans a glimpse into the historic club; its legendary coach, Pep Guardiola; and the weekly stories that unfold within the lives of the players. Guardiola, considered one of the finest coaches of his generation, having won three Champions League titles during his time at FC Barcelona, joined Man City in 2016 and now manages a team that includes Sergio Aguero, Kevin De Bruyne and Raheem Sterling.
“This new Amazon Prime Original series will give Prime members extraordinary insight into Manchester City, the top English Premier League Football team and one of the most exciting and respected teams globally,” said Amazon’s new unscripted head, Heather Schuster. “The story behind the coaches and players is fascinating, and we are very excited to work with the Manchester City team to deliver an exclusive all-access experience to our Prime members.”
The series will launch exclusively on Amazon Prime Video in 2018.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Tyler James Williams
The Duffer Brothers
Robert De Niro