- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
AMC has opted to pass on picking up any of the six pilot scripts it had been developing.
Of The Voyage, the untitled racing project from Billy Gerber, Man With the Golden Ears, 4th Estate, The Wreck and American Made, the cable network decided against ordering any and will instead redevelop The Voyage and the racing project for future consideration.
The Voyage, from Sony TV and producer Lynda Obst, revolves around a female scientist and her team at JPL examining human beings’ first contact with extraterrestrial life. The sci-fi drama is from Breaking Bad writer John Shiban.
Man With the Golden Ears, from High Fidelity scribe Scott Rosenberg is, like the network’s new hit The Killing, based on a Danish series from Fox TV Studios and focused on a record executive who must balance work and family life with his children. Rosenberg will write and executive produce.
The 4th Estate, from Gideon Yago, revolves around a family man/journalist, who in his search for truth, risks his biggest secret — his second family in Washington, D.C. The series is from Landscape/FremantleMedia.
The Killing has been a critical favorite and strong ratings performer for the cabler, averaging 2.3 million viewers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day