- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
American Crime is moving from the courthouse to the schoolhouse for its upcoming second season.
The acclaimed anthology series from Oscar winner John Ridley returns to ABC on Jan. 6. But although many of the familiar faces from season one are back, including Felicity Huffman, Timothy Hutton, Elvis Nolasco and Emmy winner Regina King, not much else remains the same.
The new premise deals with issues of sexual orientation and socioeconomic disparity when lurid photos of a Midwest high school basketball player are posted on social media and, as seen in the first promo for the second season, accusations of sexual assault and rape soon follow.
“You need to be very careful with that word,” Huffman’s new character, school headmistress Leslie Graham, says in the footage.
Check out the full promo below.
The new season of American Crime premieres on Wednesday, Jan. 6, at 10 p.m. on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day