- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actress will return for her third season with the FX anthology, showrunner Ryan Murphy announced Thursday.
“In October, Angela Bassett will be making lots of trouble with Lady Gaga in the ballroom and elsewhere,” he wrote.
This marks Bassett’s third season with AHS; she previously co-starred in Coven and Freak Show.
Her return to AHS also comes as her husband, Courtney B. Vance, is poised to star in another FX anthology from Murphy and company: American Crime Story, where he’ll play Johnnie Cochran.
Season five of AHS will star Gaga and Matt Bomer and take place in a haunted Hotel. It will mark the show’s first season without leading lady Jessica Lange. Bassett joins an AHS: Hotel cast that also includes Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson as “the baddest girl of them all,” plus Kathy Bates, Chloe Sevigny, Wes Bentley and Cheyenne Jackson.
AHS: Hotel will debut in October.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day