- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
American Horror Story has a title.
Though Murphy has announced that the seventh season will focus on the 2016 presidential election, confirmed details have since remained scarce. He promised that with Thursday’s announcement, “Suddenly … it will all make sense.”
FX also revealed on Thursday that the seventh season of the anthology, which will total 11 episodes, will premiere on Tuesday, Sept. 5 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
Although AHS did not panel at this year’s Comic-Con, the FX anthology took advantage of the annual confab to announce its long-awaited season seven title. After unveiling an activation Thursday at noon that included a sneak peek of season seven (complete with images of Twisty the Clown and bee hives), American Horror Story unveiled a new season seven teaser on the water behind the San Diego Convention Center Thursday night at 9:15 p.m. PT. At the end of the video, seen below, viewers were encouraged to visit AHS7.com, where after watching another video, the title was revealed.
The website continues to boast an interactive experience that promises eight weeks of clues (currently, only week one is unlocked for viewing).
Watch the Comic-Con stunt:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day