- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Season 2 cast of FX’s horror anthology series American Horror Story is beginning to take shape.
Following a four-episode guest stint as one of the haunted abode’s former residents, Zachary Quinto will return as a series regular in the upcoming sophomore season of the Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk drama, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Following its breakout freshman season that featured the deaths of the Harmon family (played by Dylan McDermott, Connie Britton and Taissa Farmiga) who moved into the haunted L.A. abode, Murphy told reporters that Season 2 will feature an entirely new setting, story and cast.
During a visit to Bravo’s Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen last month, Murphy said he was in negotiations with “four of the people who were on last year’s show” but confirmed the Harmon trio would not be among them.
Murphy is expected to announce additional cast members for the horror anthology series Friday at the opening night of PaleyFest 2012 in Los Angeles.
American Horror Story, which likely will return in October, will take place in an East Coast mental institution and center on Lange’s new character. (In Season 1, she played the nosy, all-knowing Constance, who lived next door to the evil property.)
“We have designed the second season of American Horror Story completely around [Lange’s] character,” Murphy told EW. “We are designing this amazing new opposite of the Constance character for her. She and I have spoken about different things. She has a lot of ideas and has a lot of input into her character.”
Who else would you like to see return to American Horror Story?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day