- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Chris Zylka is going from playing a witch to a mysterious new role on FX’s American Horror Story.
The actor, who co-starred on the short-lived CW supernatural drama The Secret Circle, has joined the rebooted drama in a mysterious new role, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Details on who Zylka will play in the second season of the FX drama from Glee co-creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk are being kept under wraps. On Circle, his Jake was a love interest for star Britt Robertson‘s Cassie.
Set at an East Coast mental institution in the 1960s, Zylka joins an all-star cast on the horror series that includes returning stars Jessica Lange (who’ll play a nun), Zachary Quinto, Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson and Lily Rabe in addition to Joseph Fiennes, Chloe Sevigny, The Voice‘s Adam Levine, Oscar nominee James Cromwell and newcomer Lizzie Brochere.
“It’s a completely different world and has nothing to do with Season 1; there’s not a mention of Season 1,” Murphy said recently of the second season.
Zylka, who next appears in Sony’s The Amazing Spider-Man, is repped by WME, Simmons & Scott Entertainment and Hirsch Wallerstein. His credits also include 10 Things I Hate About You.
Rebecca Ford contributed to this report.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day