- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
While there has been no official announcement about just what the upcoming season of the FX anthology will focus on, writer Douglas Petrie confirmed one of the rumors during the Nerdist Writers Panel podcast.
When asked if the Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk drama would focus on a “carnival” theme, Petrie confirmed the concept. “Very roughly, that’s the idea,” he told panelists Moira Kirland (Arrow, Castle) and Terry Matalas and Travis Fickett (Syfy’s upcoming 12 Monkeys).
Showrunner Murphy previously announced that season four will take place in the 1950s, further narrowing the overall concept of the season, which is poised to be the final run for star Jessica Lange. Additional casting announcements have not yet been made. The creators and a handful of players from the repertory cast are set for the March 28 AHS panel at PaleyFest, where last year Murphy announced the third season concept and Coven subtitle.
The “carnival” theme would follow AHS‘ Murder House, Asylum and Coven runs and debut in October on FX.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day