- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jim Weatherson, a former executive vice president of Universal Distribution and general manager of Walt Disney Records, takes the title of svp, reporting to Jason Morey, evp and worldwide head of music at 19 Entertainment.
Weatherson, who most recently served as a senior member on Taylor Swift’s management team, will oversee 19’s Country and Christian music business. Among the Christian and Country artists currently on the 19 roster are season 10’s Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina and season 11’s Colton Dixon and Skylar Laine.
In other Core news, The Hollywood Reporter recently confirmed that talks of a merger with Netherlands-based reality TV powerhouse Endemol and The Chernin Group, headed by former News Corp. chairman Peter Chernin, had begun.
Core Media is the company formerly known as CKX, which is now led by former NBC Entertainment boss Marc Graboff. Its other franchises include So You Think You Can Dance and the rights to the names and images of Elvis Presley and Muhammad Ali.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day